ST. MARK PARISH SCHOOL STUDENT HANDBOOK
We believe each person has the right to be respected and the responsibility to respect others. We know that conflicts are inevitable. Because of our desire for a peaceful environment where the dignity of each person is preserved, we value non-violent resolution of conflict.
At St. Mark Parish School, our process for resolving conflict begins by allowing:
- Each child to relate his/her side without interruption.
- The adult moderator paraphrases each side in order to clarify positions and checks for understanding and the level of agreement.
- The students and moderator together decide on a solution.
- The students and moderator evaluate the behavior so the students can prevent that situation from taking place in the future.
- The students express reconciliation (apology, positive act, etc.).